What is Nokia CDP?
Nokia® Connected Device Platform (CDP) is a device management platform that addresses the increasing demand to unify communications across the Internet of Things (IoT).
What do you need?
- An Amazon™ Web Services (AWS) account
- A CDP Amazon Machine Image (AMI), which is on the AWS Nokia Marketplace
- Mozilla® Firefox 50.0.2 or later
- OMA LWM2M DevKit (a Firefox add-on)
What do you need to do?
Complete the quick procedures below to connect and manage an LWM2M client using Nokia CDP.
Doing so helps illustrate how quickly you can use Nokia CDP to connect and manage an LWM2M client. Subsequently, you can use Nokia CDP to perform many advanced device management operations with an actual LWM2M device.
To instantiate Nokia CDP on AWS
- Login to your AWS account.
- To launch a new instance on EC2, click the Continue button.
- Use the 1-Click Launch or Manual Launch as appropriate for your needs.
- Use the Security Group section to limit access as appropriate for your needs.
To verify that your Nokia CDP instance is running
- On the confirmation page, click the AWS Management Console link.
- Confirm that running is displayed for Instance State and that 2/2 is displayed for Status Checks. After confirming, continue with the next step.
In Firefox, open the CDP Console:
For the given Nokia CDP instance, the public IP address is identified in the AWS Management Console under Description.
To log on, use these credentials:
For the given Nokia CDP instance, the instance ID is identified in the AWS Management Console under Description.
To create a device in CDP
In the CDP Console:
- In the left pane, go to Devices -> Add Device.
- In Device Id, type:
- In Manufacturer, select Generic.
- In Model, select LWM2M Generic Device.
- Click Save.
To install, configure, and register the LWM2M DevKit client
- In Firefox, go to: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/oma-lwm2m-devkit/
- Add the add-on to Firefox, install the add-on, and then restart the browser.
- On the Firefox toolbar, click the OMA icon to launch the LWM2M DevKit client.
- At the prompt, type the connection URI to your Nokia CDP instance (the LWM2M server):
- In the DevKit, click the Launch LWM2M Client button, and then click the Example Client button.
- Click Client Registration; leave the default device ID as DEVKIT; and then click Register to register the client with Nokia CDP.
To review the firmware version resource in the device client
- In the DevKit client, select the Device (3).
- In the Object Definition view, find the value of the Firmware Version resource (3) as 1.0.
To retrieve the firmware version resource from the CDP Console
In the CDP Console:
- In the left pane, go to Actions -> Add Action.
- In Name, type:
- In Primitive, select LwM2M.read.
- In Path, type
/3/0/3for the path of the read operation.
- Click Save.
- In the left pane, go to the Devices -> View Device -> Operations tab.
- Search for
GetLWM2MDeviceFirmwareVersion, and then schedule it for execution.
- Click the Job Details tab, and then look for the job with the GetLWM2MDeviceFirmwareVersion primitive.
- Confirm that the status of the job is SUCCESS, and then select the job entry for details.
- In the Primitive Response section, find the resource value.